Saturday, May 31, 2008

Walking the Plank (Without intentions of being Awkity, insightful, pretentious or anything)



Do you remember in Peter Pan when little Wendy Darling walks the plank on captain hooks boat after refusing to sign herself and the Darling boys away to his ship? I swear I would sit there in front of the TV fiend status watching it over and over again. Well lately I've had the Wendy image stuck in my head. In bed at night when I'm trying to push out thoughts of all the work I have to do and replace it with contemplations over the details of the wedding dress that Pam WILL wear eventually (Omg office way to crush me with lack of ring on Beasley finger). So this "Walk the Plank, Wendy Darling" image constantly rushes to me like some weird psychological stuffers. You know there's a lot of times when I'm ready to tackle everything, when I ready to storm the day, but at the end of said day at the moments of choice and ultimatum it becomes extraordinarily easier to ignore it all. Hoping for it to pass. So there I am under the clean linens in my little white girl room and I realize that when you come down to it the more I struggle against the machine the closer I get to the edge of the plank, hands tied.

In any words I'm no Wonder woman... I could be but I'm too chicken to crack the whip and deflect the offence with my swanky gold bracelets .

Maybe I'll kick some ass. But, you know, it sounds easier tomorrow.


: )

No comments: